Friday, January 22, 2010

Sydney Wisdom of the Day: Reading Fees


Sydney:


People ask, "why do you charge a reading fee for aspiring clients?"


This is simple.  I charge reading fees for things I do not want to read and do not want to represent.  Why would I touch them otherwise?  Actually, it should probably be called a "sitting fee," because that's what I do with these submissions, sit on them.


I mean literally, I sit on them.  I'm a cat, and my slush pile is the highest spot in the room.


People ask, "why should I pay you a reading fee to take my submission."


Okay, you've stumped me on that one.


Now shut up, and get me tuna!

If you found this post useful or fun, please be aware that Sydney has NEEDS! Toys. Catnip. TUNA! Support Sydney (and her people) by digging deep and sending a "thank-you" donantion her way. PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! (You cannot resist my hypnotic "pay up!" purr! PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!






No comments:

Post a Comment